Friday, February 26, 2016

Dividend Income: February

Where or where did the month of February go? It seems like just yesterday that I was posting the ending results for January but here we are at the annual post for February dividend income already. Without further delay, let's get started.

February 2016 Dividends:

YUM - YUM Brands - $3.22

Total dividend income for February: $3.22
Total dividend income for 2016: $36.52


Stock purchases for the month of February:

2/3/2016 - EMR - Emerson Electric - 16 shares at $45.65/share


All in all, February was a slow month for dividend income but at least it came with the acquisition of a great company, EMR. This means that even though the portfolio is still not at the stage where it necessarily brings in a giant snow ball of wealth, as long as I continue to add to it, the snow ball inevitably becomes bigger and then yields more returns in the following years. This should be and always will be the most important thing to dividend investors such as myself. The short term is something that we cannot be too concerned about. We should instead keep our eyes on the long haul and focus on creating a small piece of a giant masterpiece that is yet to come. Every journey starts with the first step and these are some of my first steps.

Moving forward I want to continue investing in companies that meet the exact criteria of my past analysis on the stocks I already own. The process has worked so far and if it works, why reinvent the wheel? This should ensure continued success in companies that are not short term bets but instead are meant to be seen in the portfolio for many years to come. In the short term, I would like to set my eyes on adding an auto stock or a bank stock to the portfolio. These sectors appear to be down right now given the awkward movement of oil prices and that means that they come at a well deserved discount.

Thanks for reading,
Dividend Monster

4 comments:

  1. Keep building that dividend snowball of yours share by share. Names like EMR will only help you down the road. I added to my EMR the past few months and plan to keep it for the foreseeable future. It's a solid name with a planned spin off for 2016. Thanks for sharing your recent income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DivHut,

      I agree - EMR is a solid long buy. I expect it to perform very well over the next few years regardless of what oil decides to do. I'll also make sure to continue adding quality stocks to the list to grow the snowball further.

      Delete
  2. DM

    Keep the snowball rolling and in no time your dividend income will be 3 digits.

    Sharon - Divorcedff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. I'll make sure to keep it on track and I can bet I'll be seeing the triple digits at the end of the year. I'm just hoping I can get Q4 to show a single payment of triple digits as well though!

      Delete