Thursday, September 22, 2016

Recent Buy: Target

I've added another new company to the growing portfolio of stocks in the Dividend Scythe! Reaping and reaping and reaping! I'm really happy with this new addition because I was raised in a "Target Household". By that I mean that my mother was and still is obsessed with Target or as we love to call it, "Tarjay".

I've had my eye on the stock for a very long time and it was about time that it made it's way in. What I really like about Target is that they are a progressive company that has shown a consistently impressive track record of paying dividends and simply operating at a surplus. Those are two of the most important things that can be had in a company when I'm looking for one to add to the books. If a company continues to bring in more business or make more money off of existing business while still staying in a positive light, that company is a great buy in my book.

Let's review the final purchase:

Purchased 15 shares @ 68.38/share
Total Purchase: $1,035.76
Total Additional Annual Dividend: $36
New Total Project Annual Dividends: $415.42

All and all, I'm very happy with this purchase. The price was as close to the 52 week low that it has gotten in a little while during times where I've had the chance to invest in it. It will help the Dividend Scythe reap that much more which will in turn propel the new acquisitions that much further. 

2 comments:

  1. Reaper -

    Helluva price! That's all I gotta say, DAYUm! haha and welcome to owning shares club of Target! Congrats.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stock, great price! I'm looking to buy TGT at $65 on or before Jan 2017 option expiration date... I sold a $65 put a couple of months back. We'll see how it goes.

    Anyway, I already own 40 shares, so happy to be a fellow shareholder!

    ReplyDelete