Monday, April 11, 2016

Recent Buys: ABBV, STAG

I've said it before and I'll say it again; I love the smell of purchases in the morning. This morning I woke up and after finalizing my budget for March I was able to move a good amount into the investing account. This allowed me to quickly grab a few stocks that I've been looking at for some time now. These two stocks were ABBV and STAG. The purchases are as follows:

New Purchases:

ABBV - 10 shares - $586.90 - 3.90% annual dividend 

STAG - 15 shares - $300.90 - 7.02% annual dividend 

With both of these being added to the portfolio, the portfolio gains an additional (potential) $43.60 in annual dividend income. This gives it a huge boost in payouts for the year as I race towards crushing last years dividend payouts. As this is very important to keep my eyes on, I've also gone back and compiled the monthly payouts for 2015 so that I can better understand not just the YOY growth of the totals throughout the year but also through the month. That is as follows:
















As you can see, I've already crushed January, February, and March's last year payouts. I hope that this trend can continue into the rest of 2016. The only threat to that would be if a cut was presented that would severely limit a payout for any of the next few months. As I don't see that sort of thing coming and I doubt that most people can, I won't bother thinking about it too much. I will simply plan to keep my eyes forward towards the future and hope that these picks further bolster a well run portfolio of dividend paying stocks. 

Thanks for following and if you have any feedback, please leave your comments below. I would love to hear from any of my readers, most importantly on such updates as new acquisitions. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice buys. ABBV just got approved for a new cancer drug. If it works, get ready to cash in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hunting,

      I saw that! Great news that came out literally right after I bought in to the company. I had read in their reports that one was coming but it was pending approval. It was part of why I bought in. Hoping it does well!

      Delete
  2. Like the ABBV buy. I think I added to that name just once after the ABT spin off. I like ABT too for that matter. Both really are great dividend payers. I have been looking at STAG as well but not ready to consider it for my portfolio yet. I like the business, much more than retail REITs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I needed/wanted an REIT and STAG really fit the bill. I feel much more comfortable with their dividend payment than a lot of other typical REITs that I could find. Most are utility/warehouse in STAG which is usually a winner in REITs.

      Delete