Monday, May 30, 2016

Dividend Income: May

Another month has come and gone and now it's time to collect the dividend payments that were made to my account in the month of May. All in all, it's been a great month for dividend income. My key player, AT&T (T) has made a payment and some of my other holdings have as well. I was also able to make a great collection of new buys that supplemented income in the future.

Unfortunately however, May did hold a sell off. It was only one but it's very unfortunately whenever even one needs to happen. As you all know, I like to hold my stocks as long as possible (forever if possible) but sometimes it's just not possible. The sell off was of course the sell off of Kohl's (KSS) as it had not even mildly performed as I would hope and there numbers were showing that it did not seem that would be changing any time soon.

This did come with the chance to buy new holdings. In the Month of May I was able to purchase three new holdings - RAI, LB, and GME. Granted, I never thought in a million years that I would be adding GME but it came at a time where I had been proven wrong. The company appears to be doing much better than my initial take on them and I have high hopes for them in the future. With all of this being said, let's compile the dividends for May and see how it all stacks up.

STAG: $1.74
ABBV: $5.70
YUM: $3.22
T: $14.88

Total for May 2016: $25.54
Total for 2016: $96.21


Unfortunately it just wasn't enough to break the $100 total for the year but it's still on track to do very well for the total of 2016. With a few big payments coming next month, there is almost no way that the portfolio won't break $100 for the year by the end of next month. Moving forward, I hope to continue making great stock choices, collecting dividends, and x'ing out any companies that decide that they know better what to do with their money than to pay dividends. 

4 comments:

  1. Solid dividend income. Didn't break the $100 total but you're getting very close! Definitely like looking at the upward trending dividend income. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like some solid year over year improvement. It always sucks to have to sell a stock but sometimes it is best to cut losses and to move on. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are! As much as we would all like to hold on to them, sometimes you're fighting a losing battle.

      Delete