Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Chance to Buy More Sin Stock

As earnings were just released for Reynolds American, a cry was heard across the land as numbers missed for one of the first times in a very long time. Investors have started to run away from the golden pony that they once swore their allegiance to. This however is not the case for some that have their eyes on the longer game.

Yes, earnings were released for Reynolds American. Yes, they did miss what was expected of them. No, the stock is not suddenly a turn around in the wrong direction.

One must make sure to keep a level head in times such as these. It's easy to get caught up in the quick nightmares that the market decides to deal out. Many investors are keeping their eyes on single stocks and large caps, waiting for this so called recession to hit us. I do admit that I myself am in this boat but do I think that it has come and started with Reynolds American? Hardly.

The initial expectation for the stock was right in line for what they should have been expected to reach. However, they did have an acquisition that made their EPS drop just be a hair. Whenever this occurs, it is natural to assume that earnings would feel the hip check that is money moving from one to another to grow for the future. There is of course also talk about movement in the company with BAT - the Brits! This however I feel is a good thing. More heads in the game, more control, more money.

With that said, I feel that there is now another buying opportunity into the stock. As I have just moved my funds into the account to trade for the month of July, I may have to turn my eyes away from a new company acquisition and instead move to up my stake in Reynolds American so that I can profit more from the upswing that is almost certainly to come by either a take over or further expansion.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Too late! ;) Went ahead and grabbed up a nice hand full today when the price reached almost as low as my last purchase price. Happy to grab more!

      Delete
  2. After a nice drop like today it may be as good a time as any to buy into RAI or add. Still sports a generous yield that looks safer when compared to PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I didn't think I'd see it go back to almost my original purchase price but it has almost reached it. It won't stay down for long though. I expect a nice bump in the coming weeks.

      Delete
  3. I have heavy holdings in MO, PM, and RAI. This pullback looks real nice and I hope it comes down more. Will tempt me to add. I don't consider RAI as high quality as MO or PM though, so I would prefer heavier weightings in MO and PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all three of them. They're good quality companies that have a product that is addictive. It's also a product that I myself enjoy from time to time. I may not be able to smoke a pack like back in my college days but I still enjoy one on Christmas and one on my birthday. Limited to only two a year per my health insurance. I make it count though!

      Delete
  4. In the event that you have enthusiasm for securities exchange and you contribute a considerable measure of cash on shares, it is critical to discover lucrative arrangements. ultimatestockalerts.com

    ReplyDelete