Thursday, July 28, 2016

Recent Buy: Reynolds American Inc.

I talked about it and I wrote about it on my blog here just a few days ago. Just as a predicted, the price would be too good to pass up on Reynolds American Inc. That being the case, I had to pick up a few more shares for the Dividend Scythe portfolio. I was able to pick up a total of 17 more shares at $50.11/share which came to a total purchase price of $861.94.

This addition added a sizable amount of projected dividend income to the portfolio. At $1.68 per share in yield, this added a total of $28.56 to the projected annual dividend income. With this addition, the total projected annual dividend income moving forward is a solid $362.92. This should propel the portfolio much further as it will add further capital to future investments and further grow the snow ball.

This acquisition also helped me pass a major milestone. The portfolio is now officially over $10,000! It's taken a little while to get here but it's nice to see it finally hit five figures. I have my increased saving habits and better financial handling skills to thank for this milestone. Without them I would still very likely be in the four figure range and very likely still at the bottom or mid range at that!

I know this isn't a huge milestone compared to some who have been investing for a long time but for me this milestone is huge. It shows that I am capable of making the money add up. I look forward to the newer, bigger snow ball effect that will be seen in the future. Onward and upward is the way to go!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to the 10k ! Keep it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats ,everyone got start some where

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. It is nice to see myself ahead of some of the bloggers I started behind though. As much as it stinks for them, it's a confidence booster for me!

      Delete
  3. My goodness, you are going to get killed when this stock reverts to FV, which it will at some point. Do you use anything to establish FV? This company is way overheated as are most, not all, most.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great buy. RAI is on my short-list of stocks I may buy in the next 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Transient protection holders: Several adolescents won't not purchase long haul protection. Their life spread is intended to cover a specific period, for example, contract advance term or kids' school instruction. These individuals would be occupied with safeguarding their last costs http://www.mordocrosswords.com/2016/07/service-finale.html

    ReplyDelete