Thursday, November 3, 2016

Dividend Income: October

Moving on to November means that it's time to tally the dividends received in October. It also means that we'll very likely be seeing a huge shift either up or down as the next President of the USA is elected in this next month. Whether that means good things or bad things is up to the votes. Regardless, I can't let myself get clouded with wondering. 

Whether it moves prices up or down, I need to keep the dividend train moving forward. That's why I grabbed up Coca Cola (KO) when I did. It's a huge company that regardless of the election should find a place to land. I'm just hoping that my strategy moving towards the election holds up. Let's calculate the income for the month of October. 

Dividends:
RAI: $14.26
RCL: $5.28
STAG: $1.74
GE: $5.75

Total October Dividends: $27.03
2016 Total Dividends: $243.19


2 comments:

  1. Nice to see those dividends starting to add up. I think you are doing the right thing by continuing to invest. The election is just one moment in time. Believe me, if you will continue to be a dividend growth investor for the next 5, 10, 20 years the results of next week won't matter one bit. The stock market has been through an election cycle every two years and saw senate/house and white house changes of all kinds and somehow managed to press on. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love year over year comparisons. These really help the show th epower of dividend growth.

    ReplyDelete